After looking at all of that here is what I came up with as the top ten as of today.
- Jewelry of course. (lots of variety in materials for this one and varying techniques also)
- Bath and beauty (who doesn't love bath and beauty items).
- Sewing (all kinds of things including clothing, purses, etc.)
- Paper crafting (I would think this one would includes card making and scrap booking)
- Crochet (sock monkeys, stuffed toys, purses, hats, gloves and you name it)
- Knitting (I never did understand why knit rather than crochet)
- Candle making (I am actually surprised that Yankee candle is still in business)
- Needle craft (Don't really know much about this one except for the time consuming needle point)
- Doll making including doll clothes
- According to the top selling craft books I think this could be a tie between origami, quilting and home brewing.
So let the world know which craft you think is best. I have to admit that I am surprised that scrap booking didn't come up higher on the list. Personally I have read a few books about using scrap booking techniques to make really special cards. As a matter of fact I have asked my boyfriend about getting an electronic printer/cutter/embosser for me as a Christmas present and couldn't believe he said yes.
What is your favorite craft and why?